Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is it possible to block out certain dates with a date field in a form? For example, when the calendar comes up for March 2019, I don't want March 15 as an option. Is this possible?
Hi Julie,
Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's a great idea!
Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
It could be possible with an add-on or third-party solution.
Would that be an option?
Have a fantastic weekend!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hello,
As a potential work around, you could consider creating an update request rule to be sent when the date column changes to a specific date.
For example, when March 15th (or any other date that you specify) is entered, an update request will be sent to the form submitter, promoting them to choose another date.
Here's an example of what the update request rule could look like:
If your goal is to prevent duplications, you could insert a flag or checkbox column and then enter a formula that will flag or check the column if a date has been entered more than once. The formula would look something like this:
=IF(LEN(Date@row) = 0, "", IF(COUNTIFS(Date:Date, Date1) = 1, 0, 1))
You can then send an update request to the submitter when the flag or checkbox column has been flagged or checked. Here is what the update request would look like:
If you choose to implement this workaround, you'll want to keep the following in mind:
You might also want to consider publishing a report with the taken dates so that submitters can see what isn't available. A link to the published report can be inserted into the form by inserting the link in a Header/Description field.
If needed, more information on this can be found in our help articles:
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.