Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi Guys
We have a sheet with a dashboard that we would like to use as a template
The sheet can be saved as a template but what about the dashboard?
We do not want to have to keep on reentering the widgets....
Thanks
I often "save as new" an entire folder with dashboard and supporting widgets including reports. It then typically takes me a few minutes to customize the new dashboard, reports so that they import the correct records to support the new dashboard.
When you Save as New with a folder, there is the option to have "Any reports, dashboards, sheet hyperlinks and cell links will refer to:" and select "Newly created sheets".
I use this A LOT. I built out an entire folder complete with a Project Plan, Dashboard, Metrics sheets, Reports, etc.
My entire department uses this and we have had no issues at all with the process. The only things that need changed are the finer details such as the client's name and whatnot in the Charter and the Client's Logo in the Dashboard. Otherwise all of the widgets pull from the new sheets and reports and the proper cell links and cross sheet references in formulas all carry over to the new sheets.
Even the new reports pull from the new project plan. The only thing I need to change there is the name of the report itself since I include the client's name in the report title.
To add to the above!
I've built solutions for clients were we save as new for Workspaces instead or together with folders.
It works great!
Best,
Andrée
I have done that a few times as well, but forgot about it. I do love the Save as New feature while linking to all of the new sheets.
Thank you all! This helps
Great!
I'm always happy to help!
Happy to help!
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.