Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I have contract information entered into my sheet via Web Form. The users are allowed to enter multiple products in at once but asked to keep information pertaining to them in the same sequential order throughout the form entry. I am looking to see if it’s possible to take multiple text dates entered in a single cell and convert that into a separate date field so I could track if a contract is about to expire. I see where you can do it with one date entered into a cell but not with multiple.
Thanks for any help!!
I don't think that's possible. Date fields in smartsheets only hold one date per field. Have you considered providing multiple fields for them to put dates into? So they can list multiple dates, and not just put all of their dates into a single field?
To expand on Mike's suggestion, You can include a date type field in a form so long as that's how the column in the sheet is formatted. This would allow entry of multiple dates without having to convert from a text field.
To maintain your current setup, parsing in SS can get very tricky very quickly. If there is consistency in how the dates are entered (e.g. ALL dates are in the same format with the same separators being used) it can be done relatively easily. Otherwise you could be talking some serious pain from banging your head against a wall trying to parse out multiple formats.
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.