Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi everyone
I was wondering if there is a way to set up an alert when a sheet is approaching the limit of entries.
( data is coming in thorough web forms)
Thanks!
Noemi
Hi Noemi,
Yes, you could add an auto numbering column and have an alert triggered when it reaches a specified number.
Would that work?
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
That won't work a second time though, as after she deletes the rows it will continue to count up from where it left off. It would be better to set aside a cell for the math
=if(countif(A:A,isblank(@cell)) + count(A:A)>4900,1,0)
That gives you 100 submissions before it maxes so you can go in and work on it without the chance of losing data. Just set an alert on the cell for when it changes to 1.
You're correct!
Depending on the need your method might be better, but with the autonumber column, the count could be reset if needed.
Andrée
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.