Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
It would be great if when you customize a field label in the Details Panel that it displays the same value in the main - either automatically or by selection.
Hello,
Great suggestion! I replied in this thread on how you can submit an enhancement request directly to our Product team:
https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/dynamic-views-add-logic-limit-drop-down-values
Hi,
How can i change dynamic view field display custom label different name than my sheet column header?
eg: sheet column header is "1RevStatus" and i want this label to be "Review Status"?
Thanks
From: Josephine
Hi @Josephine Khoo
Currently Dynamic View column names are an exact match of the source sheet column names in order to display the required information. To adjust what shows in the Dynamic View, you would need to change the source sheet's column name to "Review Status" (which will then automatically update the Dynamic View name).
Please submit an Enhancement Request for customizable column names in Dynamic View when you have a moment!
Thanks,
Genevieve
I also have this requirement. I have submitted an enhancement request. The label feature is fantastic but unfortunately not having the option to reflect this in the main view almost entirely diminishes its value. I hope Smartsheet resolve this oversight on this one. Dynamic View is an amazing addition to Smartsheet!
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!