Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi,
I wondered if anyone can help me with the following web form queries:-
Thanks in advance.
Please see answers below.
No, not automatically but a workaround could be to add it to the Column Description in the sheet if that makes sense.
There are a few different workarounds, but it sounds like it would work better with Update Requests instead. Would that work?
Not in a general form but it's possible to include the information in a link. It sounds more and more that Update Request would be a better solution because then you can include that information.
There are a few different workarounds. I now think that maybe you mean the Update Request feature. Are you? It sounds like that would be better for your needs.
Hope that helps!
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Thank Andree, I’ll have a play around with those options, particularly the Update Requests.
On the first one, I was really looking for a way to be able to report the detailed questions in my Forms, in Power BI and, if I use the column description box I’m not sure that is possible.
Happy to help!
Regarding the detailed questions: I would add separate columns for those questions.
Would that work?
Let me know if I can help in any way!
Andrée
Thanks for the reply. I can’t get my head round how I can make it work.
Essentially I want to ask a series of questions which all have Yes / No answers in the form and get about 40 people to respond.
Then I want to report the results of each question in Power BI.
My problem is, I can’t work out how to get the detail of the question into the Smartsheet.
I wonder if I need 1 Smartsheet for the questions and 1 for the answers.
Best Wishes
Hello,
I realize this may be heresy on a Smartsheet forum, but for a survey with complex questions and simple answers (which is what it sounds like you want), Smartsheet may not be the right tool. You might consider a survey tool and then you can import the answers into a tool such as Smartsheet or Power BI, for sharing results.
Smartsheet forms and update requests work pretty well when you have simple questions that can be contained in the column titles, but once the questions get long you reach a limit, as you've pointed out already. Another option is to use one column for the question text and another for people to input the answer (Q1 Text, Q1 Answer). There is a lot of information on the Tableau forums (and I imagine on the Power BI forums) on setting up surveys and survey analysis, although it seems like your data set will be relatively small so you have a fair amount of flexibility on the back end.
Smartsheet does pretty well on graphing in Dashboards, and you can do that upon import of the information. We have incorporated answers to surveys in our other Dashboards when we have things that are important to highlight in a spot people already use for other things.
Jennifer
I'm always happy to help!
How did it go? Did you get something working?
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.