Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I would like to send/print my form with completed responses. Just sending/printing the row does not work, as the form has more information than the column names - is this possible?
from what perspective? as a developer or as a submittor?
Hi,
What's the information that you want to include in the printout?
Can you describe your process in more detail?
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hi Andree,
I use a form to take in application information for use of our facilities. However, the form descriptors have additional information (rules/regs) but the column names do not include the entire description from the form. I'm hoping there's a way I can print or email a submittor's response while including all the details from the form I created (i.e. column description, not just column name) rather than having to view the documents separately. Does this make sense?
Thanks!
E
Developer/owner
Happy to help!
You could add the descriptors to separate columns in the sheet and then send/print the rows.
Another option if you'd like more beautiful looking printouts could be to use the integration with Google Docs.
Would any of those options work?
Andrée
What I have done in the past is add a unique autonumber column, and save the top row. In the top row i use an index(match(max(autonumber:autonumber formula to post the most recent submission to the top row. Then link the top row to a dashboard so I can get the format I want. You can send the person to the dashboard after they submit the form by using the "Go to URL" option on the form
I will play with this - thanks!
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.