Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Getting ready to begin using Smartsheet forms and read a bunch of articles online about best practices.
Two questions:
Hi,
Unfortunately, it's a no for both questions because Smartsheet forms are one way.
Possible workarounds.
Would that work?
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
While you can't directly do either of those in the form within SS, I can think of two options. The first one is very similar to Andree's, and the second one is just a more specific version of Andree's.
.
1. I would use an update request with placeholders instead of an alert. That way when the sheet autofills the course title based on the course code after the form is submitted, the user has the ability to change it if it is incorrect. It may also be easier to fill out the form if you list out the course titles in a dropdown and use an autofilling formula on the sheet to pull the course code after submission, but that would be determined by your specific details.
2. Google forms has a great setup going. I use them pretty regularly. It allows for conditions to be built into forms, A TON of flexibility, and it integrates very seamlessly with SS.
Can you send someone in your company view only access to a smartsheet sheet who does not have a smartsheet license? I need to send a coworker view only access to a comms plan I created in smartsheet.
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…