Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I have a sheet which I'd like people to only access via a form on the Dashboard. Is that possible?
Hi Kirstine,
What do you mean with "via a form"?
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
I've attached a screenshot if that helps? It's an annual leave form on our Dashboard.
Do you only want them to add to the sheet from a form on the dashboard? You don't want them to have access to the sheet?
Yes please. I'm assuming that if I change their sharing permissions to 'Viewer' then they won't be able to use the form...?
Ok. The sheet permissions don't affect the form in a dashboard. The only two things to consider is if the people that will fill it in need to be logged in to Smartsheet or not.
Does that make sense?
Oh that's great! Yeah that'll be fine, all the people who would use it have full licences anyway!
Thanks!
Excellent!
Happy to help!!
Can you send someone in your company view only access to a smartsheet sheet who does not have a smartsheet license? I need to send a coworker view only access to a comms plan I created in smartsheet.
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…