Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I am creating a form in Smarthsheet that will require two levels of approval is a particular question is answered in a certain way. In the form they manually enter the email address of the people who are required for approval. I am finding that if I do not share the sheet with the person I am seeking approval from I cannot simply have them as an approver in a workflow for a form. This is problematic because there could be a wide array of people who need to approve and I cannot predict who I would need to share this form with. I also would not want the person submitting the form to see others responses if I give them access to the sheet. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Ryan,
Make sure that your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and the Permission Settings (cog in the top right corner in the Automation overview) are correct. Please also see attached screenshots for more information.
Hope that helps!
Did it work?
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Thank you Andree! It seems as though our organization limits the second two options in the workflow setting... Hmmm... I will have to reach out to them. Appreciate the quick response!
Happy to help!
This might help: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1159581-global-account-settings-team-business-enterprise
Can you send someone in your company view only access to a smartsheet sheet who does not have a smartsheet license? I need to send a coworker view only access to a comms plan I created in smartsheet.
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…