Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello,
If I'm building a website, can I create a custom HTML form and get the data into Smartsheet somehow? Smartsheet's native forms don't have the capabilities that I need (conditional logic) and I would like to make my forms a bit prettier.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,
The third-party service/integration Zapier could probably work for this scenario. Is that an option for you?
Hope that helps!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
Hi Andrée,
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, Zapier is not approved for use in my company. Are there any other options?
Happy to help!
Would it be ok with another integration like for example, the Google Forms one?
If you have developer resources you could look at using the Smartsheet API instead of third party integration service. Using the Smartsheet API you could add a new row to a sheet after the form submission is made. Note, requests to the Smartsheet API cannot be made directly from the browser on the form submission, but if you have a custom form built already you could have the form submission be sent back to your own server where the form is hosted from. Then you could write code that takes the form data and makes a request to the Smartsheet API from your server to add a new row to a sheet.
I'm also having this issue. I've tried Google Forms as we are moving to G-Suite. However, the Google Form to Smartsheet add in does not move the attachment. It also doesn't have a way to insert a primary key that is hidden to the user.
I'm having the same issue. Were you able to find a way to do this?
Unfortunately not!
Can you describe your process and needs in more detail?
It would be helpful to have a getting started with AI and Smartsheet and walk through some simple use cases.
For the developer community, I’d love to see a stronger focus on bridging Smartsheet with enterprise automation pipelines like Microsoft Power Automate and major RPA suites (UiPath, Automation Anywhere). Here are a few specific areas that would significantly help enterprise solution architects: Enhanced Connectors &…
Looking forward to being a part of this community