Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Previously in sheets when clicking on the paper clip attachment icon in a row, a popup would appear. Now the attachment panel appears requiring several clicks to download an attachment. Was this a software update or did a setting get changed on my sheet?
I am not sure what you mean by "several clicks". I am able to download from the sidebar in a single click.
This is a system update though, not a setting.
See attached for example. How are you able to download in a single click?
Once I open the sidebar (which takes one click the same as accessing the old popup), I simply click on the "image" of the attachment (circled in red), and it automatically downloads.
Thanks for the quick response. I was able to use the expanded menu option to get what I needed to download in mass.
The new system isnt as easy as the old to "upload" a file
click on the paper clip, then click on attach files to sheet, then click on upload from computer.
after you upload you manually need to close the side bar.
the other drawback is only a portion of the file name is visible on the side bar.
im not sure how the new sidebar is helpful?
Isn't that the same way it worked before? Click the paperclip, upload from computer, then close the popup? At least that's how it was working for me...
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.