Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Wonderful that we can now save Outlook emails to attachments the only problem is that now it complete take the whole email and doesn't copy it so it completely removes it from outlook. Is there a way to get it to only copy and paste and not remove from outlook?
Regards,
Jeanine Cepon-Geier
Hi Jeanine,
That sounds weird!
As far as I know, it should not delete anything in Outlook.
Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)
Hope that helps!
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
I am also having this problem and found it appears to be isolated to Google Chrome:
https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/drag-drop-emails-outlook-smartsheet-chrome-email-deleted-outlook
When dragging the email from my Outlook window to Smartsheet in Google Chrome it removes the file from my Outlook entirely and the email is gone.
I tested this in MS Edge and confirmed it does not happen when using Edge; the file copies and uploads to Smartsheet without deleting it from Outlook.
The steps:
The simplest way around this is to add the extra step of dragging to my desktop to make a copy then drag from my desktop to Smartsheet. The odd thing here is that it doesn't delete the file from the desktop when I drag it to Smartsheet, only when dragging directly from Outlook to Smartsheet.
If I accidentally drag-drop straight to Smartsheet I then have to download the file from Smartsheet, open the folder it downloaded to and drag it back to my Outlook so I still have the email file in my Outlook.
It's worth noting that this occurs with and without the Smartsheet Outlook add-in; I tested it both ways.
I, like many, do not use Edge as my browser and would like to see this fixed in Chrome.
Hi,
If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team
Have a fantastic week!
On my forum thread we discovered that the email isn't being totally deleted but is being moved to the "Deleted Items" folder in Outlook.
I have submitted a ticket to the Smartsheet Support Team at Andrée Starå's suggestion.
Ticket # 03593008
mschwahn,
Did they respond to you on your ticket? I'm having the same issue but it's happening sporadically. Sometimes it sends the email to my deleted folder, sometimes it stays put. Very strange!
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.