Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I have checked all of my settings in the main sheet and dependencies are not turned on nor predecessors, the box remains grey? I also have ensured that in the details panel, it is not read only.
By any chance is the finish date calculated by durations based on a start date or by a formula? I don't have the dynamic view, but in reports when a field is calculated with formulas it is uneditable.
Mike is correct. Also, make sure the date column is not locked in the main sheet.
If the finish date is assigned in the dependencies settings in the Gantt View then you will not be able to change it. I think that is the case even if the dependencies check box is not checked.
Hi Marc,
Is it the same for all rows? Are you using any Field Logic rules?
I hope that helps!
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
Thanks This was driving me crazy!! once I Changed the date to another date column in dependencies (although not active) it worked.
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!