Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Needed to count all cells for a project, found how to do it, and am posting it here in case it helps someone else.
on range a
=countifs(A:A,@cell = @cell)
Hi @L_123
Thanks for sharing!
Can I clarify, is this looking to count all cells in the column including blank cells?
=COUNT(A:A) should provide you with the number of non-blank cells.
If you're wanting to include blank cells, I had used this formula before (but your way is much cleaner!):
=COUNT(A:A) + COUNTIF(A:A, @cell = "")
Cheers 🙂
Genevieve
hi @Genevieve P.
Yes, this counts all cells, including blanks
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…