How can i set up portfolio level dashboard report in smartsheet.

In smartsheet how can I set up portfolio level report and same time I can integrate with Resource management for actual effort calculation.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kilton ROy

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate?

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå our organization already have one project template and project metadata and an dashboard where all the project details are reflected.

But I want to set up a portfolio-level dashboard report from where higher authority can see all the project's status, weekly updates, schedule variance, and effort variance.

If there any way to integrate all people allocation from the resource management tool to generate actual effort.

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Kilton ROy,

It sounds like you'd like to publish Analytics information from your Resource Management (RM) environment into a Smartsheet Dashboard.

If this is what you are intending, you may do this by simply capturing the specific Report URL from RM with the "Share" button and then paste that URL in a Web Content Widget in your Dashboard.

1: Generate RM Report sharing link

2: Paste onto a Web Content Widget in your Dashboard

I hope that this can be of help. If it isn't, please add some captures of your environment (where you have hidden any sensitive data) to better illustrate what you mean.

Cheers!

Julio

• Gwen Rymill SBP
    Gwen Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kilton ROy ,

If you're just looking for a single portfolio dashboard to view all your workstreams and projects, then you can create a report (or reports) that view the full scope of your workstreams and projects, summarising your data. Depending on the complexity of what you require, you may need to create metrics sheets as an intermediate step, so that you gather all the relevant data for each project/workstream into a coherent set of data and then report off those metrics sheets.

If, however, you will want the ability to drill down from that portfolio view and focus on metrics for individual workstreams or projects, you will probably have to create a nest of interlinked dashboards, each with their own reports.

Alternatively, at SBP we have created something called Smarter Dashboards

which allows you to view at the portfolio level and drill down to any level you like, with multiple dynamic filters and the ability to edit selected data directly, all within a single dashboard. Please reach out if you would like to know more at info@smarterbusinessprocesses.com