My team can't use the app (create sheets from a i've made) because their trial ended

Danny D
Danny D ✭✭
edited 01/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, 

My team can't use the app anymore - read only mode because their trial has ended. 

I've already asked the smartsheet customer service if it would happen and they said they can use it even if the trial has ended. 

I've already moved my team to working with smartsheet only. 

I really need help ASAP. 

Answers

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭

A licensed user is a paid user who can create new items in Smartsheet including sheets, reports, and dashboards, and share them with others.

A free user is someone who does not have a paid Smartsheet license. Free users have the ability to view and/or edit the items they have been shared to, but they do not have the ability to create their own items without a license.

So if your process involves creating a new sheet then they need a license. If it is putting data in a sheet they can do that for free.

https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/free-users

Be careful about how you configured your security parameters as well.

For example If a user has access to a report but not the sheet that the report references or not all the sheet the report references then that data is not shown/errors out

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/23

Hi @Danny D

I hope you're well and safe!

If your team needs to create sheets, they must have a license. Can that be the issue?

Do you have a license, or where you all on trial?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Danny D
    Danny D ✭✭

Hello,

I have an enterprise license.

My other team members are on free trial.