Status Column reverting to old status

hi, I have a strange issue occurring with my gantt chart. I have a status column with some basic criteria set: "Parent Task" meaning not applicable to any functional status because it is a parent task, "Not Started", "In Progress", "completed" which are applied to my children tasks and all relevant to my work packages.

The technical support people cannot answer me why after saving my up to date work that my status' for each row it reverts to old or inaccurate status, when I have manually changed them in real time to their accurate status options, and deliberately re-saved many times throughout the course of the day. This is making me lose tons of time and its the place where I mostly keep track of the project status. It also won't make my filter for monitoring incomplete status useful if its not saving properly.

To me, none of this makes sense, and if the status is changing based on some trigger, this is also strange because I do not have any automations created to automatically change the row's status. I want to do this manually and be very OCD about it because that is just how I like to monitor project status with my team.

For the time being I have taken screen grabs to show my project in card view to monitor and see if the status' change again. Its happened 3 or 4 times and I am really getting fed up.

Is there something simple I am not doing right?

What gives?

Best Answer

Answers