Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Form Google Chrome Dangerous Warning

Options
Taylor F
Taylor F Employee Admin
edited 06/04/17 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello Community, 

Our Web Form URL has been falsely reported to Google as a dangerous website. When visiting a Web Form from within Google Chrome, you'll receive the error below that Gwyneth posted. 

We have reached to Google to rectify the situation. In the meantime, users can bypass the Google security warning by clicking on DETAILS and then again on visit this unsafe site or by using another web browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Safari.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Taylor | Smartsheet

Tier 3 Support Escalation Engineer

Tags:

Comments

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Taylor. Note that the message that you may see is this:

Be careful with this message. It contains content that's typically used to steal personal information.

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 8.33.34 AM.png

• evaughan
    evaughan ✭✭
    edited 06/06/17
    Options

Taylor, this is happening in multiple browsers, not just Google. Get it on Safari as well. Attached is from Safari. 

This is a grade 1 problem---I have rolled Smartsheet out to hundreds of users, and this will only create confusion and distrust. Suggest you guys do more than just reach out to Google. Have escalated to your execs as well. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 10.37.19 AM.png

• brandonlongley
    Options

Thank you for taking care of this.

Can you make an announcement when it is fixed?

Kind regards,

Brandon Longley

• evaughan
    Options

I say again--we aren't going to advise hundreds of users to bypass a phishing warning. This will shut down the usage of these facilities, and create a bad impression of Smartsheet after months of introduction as the go-to facility. 

And again--SS seems to think this is Chrome related --it is not, it also fails in Safari with a warning. 

Even the email I received from Support was flagged. See attached. It's as if Google has black-listed many addresses from SS. 

Fully understand that this is a Google thing, but it is hurting Smartsheet and there is no way to generally explain it to users, so I'd urge emergency/escalated attention to resolve. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.55.58 AM.png

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin
    Options

We are treating this with the upmost importance. Another workaround that can be implemented without having your users use another browser or to bypass the warning is to change the URL from app.smartsheet.com/b/form to s.smartsheet.com/b/form. This will work as the specific URL for app.smartsheet has been blocked. 

If your Web Form is embedded on your website, you will need to update the iframe code manually. 

Taylor | Smartsheet

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin
    edited 06/05/17
    Options

We are happy to report that we were able to get a hold of a contact at Google that was able to resolve the issue. Web Form URLs will no longer display the Dangerous/Phishing message.

We will continue to work with Google to make sure that Web Forms won't be flagged as dangerous or phishing in the future. 

NOTE - If you are sending an email that contains the Web form URL and either the sender or recipient uses Gmail, you may still see blocking. This has been fixed but it may take some time for this issue to fully be resolved.

UPDATE - Web Form access has been resolved, however, some users emails are still being blocked by Google when sending the Web Form URL. The error will look like the error below. We are continuing to work with Google rectify this as soon as possible. The workaround of emailing the Web Form URL and replacing app with s still applies. 

UPDATE - We have resolved the issue with Google blocking emails that contain Web Form URLs. 

Taylor | Smartsheet

Google Blocking Email.png

• evaughan
    Options

That's good to know, and a better workaround. Thanks. 

• evaughan
    Options

Fantastic. Good work. I can confirm it is working on our side. Thanks for the Sunday attention. 

• Ruben Lugt Melsert
    edited 06/04/17
    Options

Yes, solved..

Thanks, and as somebody else also mentioned, telling hundred of users to "just ignore the phishing warning and continue" is not something a professional would see as the best advise these days.

Just my 2 cents..

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Congrats and thank you for the prompt response on this.

It is appreciated.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.