Gantt from JOIN COLLECT Dates

Options

Good day

Is it possible to get Gantt functionality to dates we got from JOIN COLLECT formula?

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The dates in a Gannt need to be fed from columns that are Date formatted. (Not Text/Number)

You might need a helper column to read these collected dates back into a Date Formatted column then you can use the reformatted columns for the Gannt View.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Volodymyr L
    Volodymyr L ✭✭✭
    edited 01/31/23
    Options

Thank you for help!

In my case it looks a bit hard for my in first look.. It doesn`t work and .. it may be a lot of dates in one column

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/31/23
    Options

Try this...

This formula will only work if the date with dots (text version) is 2 digits for each part of the date.

=DATE(VALUE(RIGHT([Date with Dots (text type)]@row, 2)), VALUE(MID([Date with Dots (text type)]@row, 4, 2)), VALUE(LEFT([Date with Dots (text type)]@row, 2)))

(Replace my column names with yours!)

Good luck

Debbie

• Volodymyr L
    Volodymyr L ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Debbie!

That works super cool but only for first date, not for the list

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right click on the one that is working and use "convert to column formula" and it will do all the cells in the column (and any new ones too). Just need to check, is your results column formatted as a date!?

• Volodymyr L
    Volodymyr L ✭✭✭
    edited 01/31/23
    Options

No, the problem is that i have dates.. the list of dates in one cell

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ahhh - I didn't realise all the dates were in 1 cell! Do they need to be!? I don't think a Gannt can work off multiple date entries in 1 cell! I think they would need to be 1 date per cell. (through the column).

So sorry, I didn't realise this bit...

• Volodymyr L
    Volodymyr L ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah!

It`s a way to get all tasks and dates from different sheets - projects...

To have a common sheet with all tasks and dates for Lead Manager....

Then i have to find another way to get what i want..

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why don't you do a multi sheet report? Gathering dates with Filters across all sheets in 1 or many workspaces. Then you can show them in a Gannt View?

• Volodymyr L
    Volodymyr L ✭✭✭
    edited 02/01/23
    Options

Multi sheet report ? I`ll google that!

By the way i found another way how to gather dates from all sheets with numbering tasks like 1 - 2 - 3.. and moving them from different projects by JOIN COLLECT with filter like Project + number of task + Name

Then we will get every task in single cell.

I`ll google your way! Thank you

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well done for trying different techniques. I often find there are 3 or 4 ways to achieve things :D You just need to select the method that best suits your required outcome.

Good luck!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!