Sum all agent points

This discussion was created from comments split from: subtraction.

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @MATAYLOR,

You are right in using the SUMIF function for this purpose but the arguments would need a little tweak:

My best recommendation would be to use =SUMIF([The Following Agent]:[The Following Agent], Names@row, [Points Awarded]:[Points Awarded]) as a Column Formula so that you only need to write it once and for all agents

But if you wish to have a dedicated formula per agent so that you can manually edit values in your "Total awarded" Column, you may use the following instead: =SUMIF([The Following Agent]:[The Following Agent], "Aimee Young", [Points Awarded]:[Points Awarded])

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• MATAYLOR
    MATAYLOR ✭✭✭

DKazatsky

Thank you that's perfect , don't suppose you know how to wright formula that would

look at the following agent column, at say Aimee added all points for just her name in column point award, and put the total in the total point awarded column.

i can get it to return a a value but not total

i've tried

=SUMIF("Aimee Young", [The Following Agent]@row, [Points awarded]@row)

=SUMIF("Aimee Young", "Aimee Young", [Points awarded]@row)

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @MATAYLOR,

You are right in using the SUMIF function for this purpose but the arguments would need a little tweak:

My best recommendation would be to use =SUMIF([The Following Agent]:[The Following Agent], Names@row, [Points Awarded]:[Points Awarded]) as a Column Formula so that you only need to write it once and for all agents

But if you wish to have a dedicated formula per agent so that you can manually edit values in your "Total awarded" Column, you may use the following instead: =SUMIF([The Following Agent]:[The Following Agent], "Aimee Young", [Points Awarded]:[Points Awarded])

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• MATAYLOR
    MATAYLOR ✭✭✭

Thank you so much Julio , I must of tried everything but that lol, or I tried it but miss typed it. its working a treat thanks again .

marc

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!