Duplicate Sheet linked to a Dashboard

Information from a sheet is used to create a dashboard from January to December 2022. I want to duplicate this for 2023 and archive the 2022 data and dashboard. Can this be achieved?

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Vinton Douglas

If you put the sheet and the dashboard into a folder, you can "Save as New" on the folder. Everything contained in each folder will be separate once the new sheet and dashboard are updated with 2023 data. Basically everything within in each folder stays connected within that folder.

Sometimes I add links from previous dashboards to the new ones and vice versa so people can easily bounce back and forth. This is especially helpful during the transition period from old to new, for your case maybe through Feb people still want to refer back to Q4-2022 data.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Thanks very much. This works wonderful.

• Hi Matt,

I am having a little glitch. The issue I am having and this wasn't explained is that the source of the information used to create the dashboard is imputed from a linked sheet. This results in changing the information in the archived dashboard. Is there a way for me to save the achieved dashboard so that it is no longer linked to the source sheet?

• Hi @Vinton Douglas

In Matt's example, all of the items were copied (including the source data) so that it all stays static together in an archive folder.

Dashboards reflect information found somewhere else, so if you have two Dashboards looking at the same sheet and you update the sheet, then both Dashboards will update. I would suggest Saving a copy of your current linked sheet as the “source” for the first Dashboard that you no longer update so that the data stays the same.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

• Thanks much. It is now working.