Portfolio Compilation

Hi Everyone,

Relatively new smartsheet user so looking for some help. I want to create a portfolio of all projects that need my team support. Each team has their own project sheet and I do not need all the data in those sheets, just 4 columns for a summary sheet and then create some dashboard reports on it. 2 main blockers for me:

1. All sheets do not have the same level of indent so when I filter for indent level in a report, data from the other sheets does not appear. Can we apply filters to specific sheet data i.e. From sheet 1, only data that has the filter checked should be pulled and the filter should not effect data from Sheet 2.
  2. Instead of report, if I create a master sheet to fetch just the 4 columns I need, is there a way to capture any additional rows that are added once the sheets are linked?

Is there another way to go about it? Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @H.Shahzad,

For your first point, is there a reason the indents change? I do think it will make things much easier if you can make sure each of the teams has a matching sheet. From my experience, the minute you add a variable, it makes things much more complicated and easier to break. Not impossible, but much harder.

I would stick to a report in this case. You would want to ensure all the project team sheets are in 1 folder/workspace so that it will do it automatically for you. Then for the "Sheet" column of the report, you would select the entire folder instead of individual sheets. If a new team sheet is created, that would allow it to automatically be pulled in.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense. I'll try to find an example in my instance that I can share.

~Jaime

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @H.Shahzad

I hope you're well and safe!

Depending on the data, you could collect it in the Sheet Summary section and then use a Sheet Summary Report to collect it together.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.