A form that post to a certain row which matches the primary column

I have apt #'s in the primary column and an end date column. The form has both columns as well. I need the end date to be posted in the appropriate row based on the apt#. Currently, the form creates a new row. Any suggestions? Thanks

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jerry J

Here's 2 suggestions depending on what you're doing.

Option 1: you could use an Automatic Update Request instead of a Form. The update request could trigger off of some value in a row; for example on a certain date or status met. You could include the apt # in the message so the user updates the correct job/task/row. You could have an assigned to column containing the information of the person who would get the request or set it up to go to the same person or people in the automation setup screen.

Option 2: you could create a report and group it by apt #. Still use the form to feed the sheet adding a new row, and the sheet would talk to the report where the work would be managed. Also still using the Automatic Update Request to pull information if needed. This could be useful for maintenance issues where each apt could have several issues overtime. A running "to-do" list for the tech when he or she arrives.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner