Linked sheet data not refreshing

I’m unable to use a report as I need to pull data from two sheets that I don’t own and do a calculation .. because of this, I insert data from the whole column of the source sheet into mine as a link.

Everything works great until new data is added. Most of the time it works .. but I’ve noticed some quirkiness when new rows are added by the owners of the other sheet not at the end but in between.

Has anyone run into this issue? A report would be so much cleaner but it’s not an option for me without the ability to run a formula on the pulled data :(

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joe Varghese

I hope you're well and safe!

If you're cell-linking, you can only cell-link what is "activated". Could that be the issue?

Have you explored using cross-sheet formulas instead?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joe Varghese
    Joe Varghese ✭✭✭✭

Can you tell me more about cross-sheet formulas? I would still not be able to do reports as they pull only columns that are in the original datasheets, corrrect?

My issue again is I need a consolidated view which I can easily do in a report .. but as reports don't allow me to add new columns I cannot figure out how to do more calculations in the merged report :(

• Joe Varghese
    Joe Varghese ✭✭✭✭

Also, could you please share more on the comment - "If you're cell-linking, you can only cell-link what is "activated""

What is "activated"?

thanks in advance!