Dashboard Custom Colors

I created custom colors for a dashboard. I'm now creating a style sheet to document the dashboard's colors, fonts, etc. How do I find the RGB color mixture for the custom color I created?

Tags:

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/15/23

@ShannonTozier The dashboards provide the Hex code of the color, and the easiest way to find that is clicking on the dashboard element that you colorized, opening the edit widget and then going to the color section. In the graphic below, I have the Chart Widget open, and the series selected with the color listed. If I NEED the RGB value, I google the hex code number followed by in RGB example for the below is 577bbd in RGB, and then good returns the values.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• ShannonTozier
    ShannonTozier ✭✭
    edited 02/15/23

Thank you @Colleen Patterson for responding so quickly.

Unfortunately, the custom color isn't in a chart, but rather a background widget color. Do you know how to look up that color?

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ShannonTozier

If this was me, since that view will not open the custom color view panel, I would (for the sake of extraction) create a fake chart, to pull the color codes out. The custom colors are unique to a dashboard, but usable for other widgets on the same dashboard, so it will let you use them to configure a different visual. Once done, you can remove the sample chart widget. Below is the help text found on the Smartsheet help article regarding custom dashboard colors:

Apply custom colors

When selecting colors for fonts, charts, titles, and more, you can choose from standard presets or add a custom color using a HEX code, an RGB code, or a color gradient.

To create your own custom color

1. Go to the color palette of a widget.
    2. In the Custom Colors section, select the Add Color icon.
    3. Pick a color or enter the hexadecimal color value, and then select Add.

What you should know about custom colors

• Up to 20 custom colors will be saved on a dashboard.
    • Custom colors are unique to the dashboard you are editing, and won't be visible on other dashboards. If you add a custom color to widget A, you’ll be able to quickly select the same custom color on widget B if these widgets are on the same dashboard.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.