How do I add a third argument to countifs formula?

Options

I am trying to only show dashboard data from the sheet IF the submitted date is from the current year - we do have a helper column for the submitted year but I am unsure how to incorporate it within my formula below.

I am trying to count if the status is Working, Next up- top opportunities, Pilot/implemented, Monitor/check, and Technology, Submitted by Zone 1, and the submission date is current year (so in this case 2023)

Any guidance would be very helpful ! Thank you

=COUNTIFS({APD CI Tracker Range 5}, "Working", {APD CI Tracker Range 8}, "Zone 1") + COUNTIFS({APD CI Tracker Range 5}, "Next up - Top Opportunities", {APD CI Tracker Range 8}, "Zone 1") + COUNTIFS({APD CI Tracker Range 5}, "Pilot/ Implemented", {APD CI Tracker Range 8}, "Zone 1") + COUNTIFS({APD CI Tracker Range 5}, "Monitor/ Check", {APD CI Tracker Range 8}, "Zone 1") + COUNTIFS({APD CI Tracker Range 5}, "Technology", {APD CI Tracker Range 8}, "Zone 1")

Tags:

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The formula as you had it was running multiple countifs and adding the results. So you wanted all rows with a status of "Working" and a Zone of "Zone 1", plus all rows with a status of "Next up - Top Opportunities" and a Zone of "Zone 1", etc.

Using OR does the same thing, except it does it all in a single COUNTIFS function. It says count all the rows where the Status is one of these values ("Working", "technology", etc), and where the Zone is "Zone 1", and where the submission year is equal to the current year.

Here it is at work in a test sheet. See that it counts the rows where the value is one of those listed in the OR, and doesn't count the others:

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!