how i want to count total for each column based on name and the input is from a different sheet

Best Answer

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @HZAR - if I understand your question correctly, this can be easily resolved by a simple =COUNTIFS in your target sheet and referencing the source sheet where your input data is, select that column so that it becomes your range and then enter your criterion in double quotes, which in this case might be, "Submit for Approval" or whatever you are trying to count and that would automatically return the result in your target sheet.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @HZAR - if I understand your question correctly, this can be easily resolved by a simple =COUNTIFS in your target sheet and referencing the source sheet where your input data is, select that column so that it becomes your range and then enter your criterion in double quotes, which in this case might be, "Submit for Approval" or whatever you are trying to count and that would automatically return the result in your target sheet.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• HZAR
    HZAR ✭✭✭

Hi Ipshita

Thanks for the advise and it helps 👍️I have been missing the double quotes that make my formula is not working

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @HZAR - I am glad the solution worked. Don't forget to hit the "Awesome" to my response above ;)

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!