Pulling the data from smartsheet using SQL

Options

Hi,

We use a lot of smartsheets at work. We would like to write SQL queries on this smart sheet and extract the required data. Any leads on this is highly appreciated.

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @jahnavi284 - Unfortunately, we don't have the capability to write SQL queries in Smartsheet. It is a full-fledged product in itself and can be set up in many different ways to pull data from multiple sheets, create tracking by way of automated workflows, generate reports and dashboards with the in-built features.

If you elaborate what you are trying to achieve, this grand community might be able to help you set it up and get started. Also, there are bunch of training and help templates available for you to begin using Smartsheet, just look up the website for more details.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @jahnavi284

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Smartheet API
    • Premium App, DataShuttle and DataTable
    • Premium App, Bridge
    • 3rd-party service, Zapier or similar

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.