HR Global Benefits

Options
GinaP
GinaP ✭✭✭
edited 02/20/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I work in international benefits and our bens enrollment process for global is not automated through our HRIS workday. This meant sending emails with attachments to provide required enrollment data, when returned is pw protected and sent to the brokers. We have grown quite a bit in expansion and I created a way with a form to request the attachments via smartsheet with just using a Workday new hire task prior to employment but post receiving a signed contract. This is much more secure than emailing pw protected docs. I would like to know how to use Data shuttle to grab automated term reports sent to my email to capture the terms and automatically notify my broker through SS. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

@Julie Fortney Adding Julie who is terrific with Data Shuttle.

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    edited 02/20/23
    Options

@GinaP That's exciting - I love Data Shuttle, and it sounds like you have a great use case.

To pull data into a sheet using Data Shuttle, you need to make it accessible in one of the following locations, in either a CSV, XLSX, or Google Sheets file type:

• a Smartsheet attachment
    • OneDrive/Sharepoint
    • GoogleDrive
    • Box

The actual Data Shuttle setup is pretty intuitive once you have your data in an accessible type and location.

First consideration: In what format do you receive your automated term reports? If it's not in CSV, XLSX, or Google Sheets, is it possible to have the reports sent in one of those formats instead?

Second consideration: Is it possible to have the automated reports saved directly to one of the four locations noted above? If not, I recommend Zapier to automatically save new reports received via email to one of those locations. It's also fairly intuitive to set up, and they offer a certain number of free "zaps" per month. zapier.com

I hope this helps get you started. Feel free to reach out with additional questions.

www.linkedin.com/in/juliefortney-pmp-smartsheetpartner-lssblackbelt

• GinaP
    GinaP ✭✭✭
    Options

@Julie Fortney Thank you so much! This was very helpful!