Bridge - identify custom built modules

Options
System
System Employee Admin
edited 02/22/23 in Add Ons and Integrations
This discussion was created from comments split from: Auto-Tagging of Custom Built Bridge Extensions.
Tags:

Comments

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Could you tell me the navigation to show Smartsheet Bridge custom built?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

If your workflows have used a custom-built integration or custom utility module in your workflow, you can see the tag by opening the right editing panel for that module within the designer.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/21/23
    Options

Hello Genevieve,

Could you have a video or screenshot

? I click on everything within my workflow but I see nothing.

• Genevieve P.
    edited 02/21/23
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

If you don't see the tag, that's because all of your modules are part of the core system!

For example, I clicked on the "Smartsheet: Get Comment" module. This is a part of the core Bridge system so there is no tag next to the name in the right-hand panel. I've circled where the tag should appear if it was custom-built by a Solution Team at Smartsheet:

There's nothing there, so I know it's a module available to all Bridge users. This is what the tag would look like if it was a custom build:

Let me know if that helped 🙂

Genevieve

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Genevieve,

Thanks for the prompt response ! However, I still cannot find the custom build. In other words, I think I am the system admin for bridge but I am not sure how I can get to the core system. Is there a navigation that showing me how you get your second screenshot? I tried to search " create list item" under the left panel (integration) but it is not showing up. Please let me know next steps and many thanks!

Best,

Amy

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

Can you clarify what it is that you want? It actually sounds like you have access to everything you need!

The screen capture you posted above shows a Bridge Workflow (using core Bridge system modules) and it sounds like you have the correct permissions to build workflows.

Are you looking for pre-built templates in Bridge? If so, click on the Bridge to go to the home page, and + Solution Center on the left panel.

Here's an article that you may find helpful if you're getting started:

Or have I misunderstood: is there an integration you're looking for that does not appear on our Supported Integrations list?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Genevieve,

I am not sure if we can have a quick zoom/teams meeting about this so that I can share my screen. I do have access to the templates pre-built but those are systems that are already integrated by Smartsheet. I am looking for an integration that does not appear on supported integration list so that I need CUSTOM BUILT for sure. I am not sure if I am on right page for custom built, but I tried to search under workflow elements but they did not comes up.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

Thank you for clarifying!

Custom built integrations will not appear unless you have been working with the Smartsheet Professional Services team and they built something for you outside of the core Bridge application.

If you are looking to integrate with a system outside of the Supported Integrations list but you are not working with Professional Services, I would recommend using the HTTP Call Utility to make an API call to that system.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

I was able to call external software through HTTP call, but the dynamic parameter won't pass the json file. I can put static email in the body field, but it cannot grab the exact value from the previous step:

Could you help me on this?

Thanks

Amy

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

Are you grabbing the email address from the Smartsheet sheet as the output of the previous module or as the data reference from the Run Log?

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

Yes, the email address should be dynamic. If I put static email address the function it works, but I want it grab the email address that is from the previous workflow(which I can see the output as data reference), but the output cannot work as json format when I want to run the HTTP CALL function. Please let me know how I could be able to solve this problem and thank you very much!

Amy

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

I have to admit that we're reaching the limit of my knowledge; I only have a basic understanding of HTTP.

However based on the documentation, I would say that instead of adding in the email as a Form Parameter, you should be able to include that dynamic Run Log data reference within the Body instead. Check out the "Body" paragraph in this Help Documentation:

From this, I believe that even though you're working with JSON, you should be able to add the {{Run log data reference}} where you would normally put the static email in the body (and then make sure it's removed from the Form Parameter).

Let me know if the documentation helped or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

I put the runlog data reference in my body, but still shows "invalid json format" or "unsupported format". I can only see my HTTP working when I put an actual email. Do you have any suggestions on this?

best

Amy

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Amy Gan

Here's an example workflow I set up where I use a run log data reference so that it's dynamic.

First, I grabbed the data I wanted from a row in a sheet. I then found that information in the Run Log so I could get that data:

Then in the HTTP module, I can use that reference in the Body, like so:

This outputs two values, a static "Test" in one column and a dynamic email address in the second column:

In order to use the Body, I've made sure there is no data in the Form Parameters part of the module.

Then when referencing the {{dynamic run log data}}, I wrapped it in quotes after the "value". In your case, it looks like you'll want to add this reference after "email" in the body.

As a side note, since the error you were receiving has to do with the content type provided, make sure that the Content-Type you have listed in as your second key is application/json all lower case, as that will also affect the HTTP call.

Let me know if this now works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

That works! Thank you Sooo much!

Best

Amy