Researching to figure out if Dynamic View is best solution - feedback requested

Options

Hi,

I am tasked with building a tracking system for a huge migration of 8000 dashboards from one application to another. So far, the tracking has been done via Slack, but recently much of the tracking has been transferred to an Excel spreadsheet.

We would like to move the tracking to SmartSheet, and also set up a sort of ticketing system where people can add their questions/updates/glitches/etc. including screenshots, and the appropriate parties will be alerted to take care of them.

I have seen Dynamic View in action in training and webinars and it seems it would be perfect for this, but if something more simple would do the job (e.g., using forms, etc.) I would be open to that as well. Having had an extensive meeting with SmartSheet solutions experts in a previous job, when they were presenting our IT department with a Dynamic View setup, it seemed perfect for a situation like this.

I would love to hear some opinions on how I might do this. Apologies if I have not outlined exactly what I need, but it would ideally be something similar to how IT issues are handled. Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mary Rose Vogt

I hope you're well and safe!

Dynamic View might be an excellent solution, but another option could be WorkApps.

All licensed users on Enterprise have access to it, and you can acquire Collab Packs for the rest.

Make sense?

Is it important that nobody should see each other's information?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mary Rose Vogt
    Options

Hi, Andre,

I believe that everyone on SmartSheet has access to Dynamic View and WorkApps. Does that make a difference? I was also under the impression that a ticketing system would be able to be accessed by anyone, even if they don't have a SmartSheet account (front end).

I did find the IT ticketing system template and that looks pretty close to perfect. My question then is, can I import an existing Excel sheet into the template sheet?

• Mary Rose Vogt
    Options

P.S. I am not familiar with Collab Packs. Can you expound? Thanks again.

Mary

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mary Rose Vogt

Happy to help!

Please see my comments/answers below.

I believe that everyone on SmartSheet has access to Dynamic View and WorkApps. Does that make a difference?

[Andrée Starå] Yes, if they have a license on Enterprise, you could use WorkApps, but if you have access to Dynamic View, I'd recommend testing that first and maybe starting with the Ticketing template.

I was also under the impression that a ticketing system would be able to be accessed by anyone, even if they don't have a SmartSheet account (front end).

[Andrée Starå] Dynamic View can be accessed by anyone that set up an account in Smartsheet, but they don't need a license.

I did find the IT ticketing system template and that looks pretty close to perfect. My question then is, can I import an existing Excel sheet into the template sheet?

[Andrée Starå] Yes, you can import the Excel sheet. Either copy/paste or import to a new sheet and then maybe rename the columns to match the new main sheet and then move/copy the rows over to that sheet.

WorkApps Collaborator Pack

To share WorkApps with unlicensed users or free collaborators, an additional purchase (WorkApps collaborator pack) is required. For more information about how to purchase a WorkApps Collaborator pack, contact Smartsheet Sales.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mary Rose Vogt
    Options

Thanks, Andre!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mary Rose Vogt

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!