Excluding a certain value

I have a sumifs formula right now and I'm trying to get it so that if I have a certain value in the cost code column even though the two criterion match, it wont count it because the code that is in that row is one I don't want count. I've seen other people have similar problems and this is what I thought could work but it hasn't

=SUMIFS({PRE-FAB TIMESHEET 2023 Range 1},{PRE-FAB TIMESHEET 2023 Range 2},[JOB# (HIDDEN)]@row,{PRE-FAB TIMESHEET 2023 Range 3},[FAB HELPER (HIDDEN)]@row,[COST CODE]@row NOT(@cell= "9000340")

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LUCA GALLEGO,

You can do it by having the last portion of your formula with:

SUMIFS(....,[COST CODE]@row, <>"9000340")

In this case it should accept all other codes.

Hope this helps - any problems then just post! ☺️

• Hey Nick,

Thanks for the help I did this and it keeps saying incorrect argument set do you have any other ideas

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LUCA GALLEGO

I hope you're well and safe!

Try removing the "" around the number so it's not read as text.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/07/23

Possibly without the quote marks then, if all the codes are only numeric - if they have letters in then it should be fine with. Without:

=SUMIFS({PRE-FAB TIMESHEET 2023 Range 1},{PRE-FAB TIMESHEET 2023 Range 2},[JOB# (HIDDEN)]@row,{PRE-FAB TIMESHEET 2023 Range 3},[FAB HELPER (HIDDEN)]@row,[COST CODE]:[COST CODE], <>9000340)

Otherwise I'm not sure where the error lies as I don't know what is in the cross sheet references & hidden/helper columns.