Workflow for Checkmarks on ALL rows

Options

I have tasks assigned to 6 different people. When their task is complete, they checkmark the box. I would like to set up a workflow that will send out a communication email, but ONLY WHEN ALL 6 tasks are checked. I do not want it to individually notify ppl when each task is checked.

Answers

• DKazatsky
    DKazatsky ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Accountant129

Here is what I suggest. Create a helper column and use the following formula: =IF(AND([Column1]@row, 1, [Column2]@row, 1, [Column3]@row, 1,[Column4]@row, 1,[Column5]@row, 1,[Column6]@row, 1), "Complete")

Next setup a workflow to send the attachment when the helper column changes to "Complete". For some reason, you can't create a workflow to send an email when the actual columns get checked (at least, it would never trigger for me).

Hope this helps,

Dave

• AaronO
    AaronO ✭✭✭
    Options

This can be simplified a little:

=IF(AND([Column1]@row, [Column2]@row, [Column3]@row, [Column4]@row, [Column5]@row, [Column6]@row), "Complete")

There's no reason to have all the extra 1s in there - AND(thing1, 1, thing2) is the same as AND(thing1, thing2).

Aaron

• Accountant129
    Options

what if all of tasks were in the same column? Let's say its column D, and each row has a "checkmark" box. Once those checkmark boxes are all filed, that is when I would want it to say "complete."

• Accountant129
    Options

This is the column and the 6 task checkboxes. I want it at the bottom to populate "complete," but only when all 6 checkmarks are done