Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Update requests automatically clearing.

Options

Could a function be added to update requests that allows them to automatically clear from the sheet after X amount of time if left incomplete? This amount of time would be set by the sheet owner/admin, such as 12 hours. 24 hours, etc.

I ask because we have many users that fill out a form in the morning and receive an update request via email. Often times, there is nothing that they need to change or add. Many of them forget to complete the update request, or it gets lost in their email inbox as the day progresses. I think having a setting where the update request automatically closes out would be beneficial, that way an admin would not have to do so manually.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you!

5 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• AndrĂ©e StarĂĄ
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @shanewoquinn

I hope you're well and safe!

Great idea! That would be a great addition to Smartsheet features.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Using a Workflow and clear cell Action

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

âś…Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lance_NAHH
    Lance_NAHH âś­âś­
    Options

I was going to suggest the same thing. It's frustrating that I have to manually delete each and every update request that does not get used. Yes, I can automatically lock the row to prevent unwanted updates from going through but all the unused updates clog up my sheet.