Bug in Smartsheet University Designing A Project Sheet course?

I don't know where else to report this or ask the question.

Currently going through the Designing a Project Sheet course on Smartsheet University.

Activity 4 asks you to change line 7 duration to 0 (zero) in order to change that task to a milestone.

However, this is not functioning as explained or as expected, nor as it does in my actual, real project sheets.

The task when converted to 0 duration should show as a milestone.

This is not happening.

Answers

• Hi @JMawby

I downloaded the assets for that course; it looks like row 7 is already set as a Milestone:

I'll let the training team know that the instructions to change the row don't make sense as it's already set up, thank you!

Here's more information about Smartsheet Milestones: Create a Milestone to Mark a Significant Event in Your Project

If I've misunderstood and you're seeing something different, it would be useful to see screen captures of your sheet.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Hi @JMawby

My apologies! I skipped ahead in the course to try and see what you're seeing and downloaded the finished asset which is why the value is already a milestone, haha.

Row 7 in the "In Progress" folder sheet is not a milestone task, but should be changed to a milestone task in activity 4.

In order to do this, you would have first needed to enable dependencies in your sheet, done in activity 3.

Is it possible that your dependencies weren't enabled?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• JMawby
    JMawby ✭✭

Gotcha! Thanks.