Why do my workflows execute automatically when I am setting up a new sheet?

I use save as new and save as template to create a new sheet. The sheet has a workflow that notifies a user that he has been assigned to a task. But, as I am in the process of assigning contacts to tasks, SmartSheet sends the contact a notification email before I save the sheet. Is that a way to prevent premature execution of workflows until I have made all my changes and saved the sheet?

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/04/23

Hi @TAP, two options:

1.) go into the automations and Deactivate each automation, then perform your Save As. You'll need to turn them back on in each sheet if you need them.

2.) When you save, uncheck "Automated Workflow and Alert Options" and those workflows won't save to the new sheet.

Let me know if this helps, and please flag this post if I answered your question! Good luck!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @TAP

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Lucas's excellent advice/answer.

Another option would be to change the Automation Permissions and Sharing (If it's already shared)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.