Document Tracking Help
Hello community :)
We are looking to create a sheet or workspace in SmartSheets that has certain capabilities for document tracking and I was hoping someone could help answer these questions. We have several clients that require documents that need to be stored throughout their engagement with us and we would like to know if certain features are possible. Appreciate any insight on this!
- Security: these are classified documents with sensitive information, is it guaranteed to be safe and protected? We need to make sure they are easily accessible and highly secure due to the regulations of the business.
- Audit trail: Will it show who did what with the documents and the time/date?
- Archiving documents: after the engagement is done with the clients, how are the documents archived?
- Or another note, if we need to stop using SmartSheets, do we need to remove all the documents? Are they deleted or do we have to move them over to another platform? This is a question due to the sensitive nature of the documents.
- Accessibility and Storage: Is it easy to upload documents and to access them? For example, for one client they may have up to 15-20 different documents…how could that be done in practical terms?
- Would we create rows per client and different columns for each type of document? I’m just wondering how it could be done on SmartSheets. Currently we have the documents in folders in Google Drive.
- Is there a way to automate it with workflows if there is a certain document missing?
- Added Automation Question: I’m not sure if this is something that can be done but if certain documents are missing, is there an automation workflow that can generate a message letting the person know which docs are missing?
Hope this makes sense and thank you in advance!