Document Builder error

Options

Hello,

I am creating documents via the document builder feature and have run into an issue. I initially created documents for 10 rows without an issue. Next I tried 40+ and did not have a problem. When I tried 85 I received an error message that stated

"You've reached a temporary usage limit for the requested resource.

Please try again in a few minutes. you may also reduce the number of selected rows or the PDF size to 10MB or less."

After 3-4 minutes, I was able to create documents for the same group of 85. I spoke to technical support but was not able to get a clear response as to what the root of the issue is.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, how are you dealing with it?

Thank you

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/06/23
    Options

Hi @Khari Shiver

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange! I haven't seen any limits mentioned, or at least any that I remember.

@Genevieve P. Do you know of any limits? Is it part of the Workflow limits?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Khari Shiver

You can generate documents for up to 100 rows at one time (see here) however "at one time" does not necessarily mean in one request.

If you generated 40, then 85 within the same 5 minutes, it sounds like you may have reached this limit. The fact that you were able to generate the 85 after waiting another 5 minutes indicates this was likely the case. I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Aha! That makes sense! I'd recommend updating the language in the help article, so it's clear.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Khari Shiver
    Khari Shiver ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I called tech support and they followed up with what you see below:

"Document Creation limits: In order to keep document creation performance up, some limits are applied to queue so that documents get processed efficiently. These are the limits for user manual requests per every 5 minutes interval:

• 125 attachments to Smartsheet rows, per user, per 5 minutes
    • 125 DocuSign Drafts, or Envelops per user, per 5 minutes
    • 125 DocuSign Sends, per user, per 5 minutes
    • 250 downloads, per user, per 5 minutes
    • Or a combination of these requests up to 125 per user per 5 minutes
    • Automated request limits:
    • 28,000 documents requested through automation, per sheet, per 24 hours
    • Users who surpass the limits will see this error"

That said, I don't think it's as simple as the clock starting when you process a batch of documents at once. I worked yesterday afternoon, Sunday, on creating documents for roughly 600 rows and only encountered that message once. I think one of the variables may be how many people are using the feature at that specific instance in time. Either way, it's good information to have.

Khari