Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dashboard Real Estate - reduce white space

Options

Hello, would it be possible to make better use of the dashboard real estate. To the right and left of the graph area where we can add data / widgets seems to be a lot of wasted dead space that could be utilized if it were available. Thank you.

Tags:
4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Ben B.
    Ben B. ✭✭✭
    Options

The before and after spacing for text within the Rich Text widget results in having to take up more space than is necessary given the size of the text. In the example below, the text could easily fit within two squares, but the "Before" spacing makes it necessary to be three squares tall.

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/16/23
    Options

I agree with the limited capabilities in charting. I'm struggling right now to understand why my half-pie charts have so much padding at the top and bottom that I cannot place the associated single-line report above them b/c the 5 grid lines between leave too much room. It just doesn't look good at all. I love SS -- working hard to put everything I can within them; it would be awesome to have control over the padding inside each frame. Even with the legend "off" for the half-donut, there is way too much vertical space. I've looked at SS examples -- and it seems like I have seen charts without this much vertical space, but I cannot figure out how to change it.

The photo with the grid is the best I can do on the dashboard -- but what I would like is the image below it.