Sharing a Report

Mitch Cohen
Mitch Cohen ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/06/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a Smartsheet that I would like to share with employees and customers. No issue sharing with employees, they can see everything in the sheet, at anytime. The Smartsheet is being created from multiple data shuttle workflows, so there is some manual sorting and changes that must be done before the sheet can be shared with a customer, and we don't want the customer to see every column of the Smartsheet, so we were going to share the sheet as a Report with customers, but how can we share the Report with customers, and it not be a live Report? The only option I have come up with is to export the Report to an excel spreadsheet or PDF, and share it on a Dashboard. But when we do that, we don't have the collaboration features that I would like to have with customers. How can I share a report, have collaboration with a customer, but the report is not a live document, and have collaboration?? Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Mitch Cohen

If you're on a Business or Enterprise plan, you can Publish a Report. This is one step better than exporting it, as it will show dynamic values (the Report will update as the underlying sheet is updated). However, this would be View-Only so your shared users won't be able to collaborate.

I would suggest checking in with your System Admin to see if you have access to Dynamic View. This would provide a similar functionality to a Report (limited columns), allowing members to sign in and see a specific view just for them without needing to share the underlying sheet. Dynamic View would also allow them to make edits or changes to row data (that you've approved). See: Dynamic View

Cheers,

Genevieve