NEW Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge šŸ…

Options

Comments

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

@Maxwell Griffith Text me and we'll go together with Finn and Jack šŸ¾

• Josh Reed
    Josh Reed āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

I'd give it to my son. Placing my faith in the next generation and our ability as a society to raise them up with an altruistic mindset. I put the money in my son's hands, conveying the responsibility every penny carries with it. Impress upon him the importance of frugality and intentionality when expending resources.

If you make a deep positive impact on those closest to you, the potential for large scale change increases dramatically.

A one time $20 donation to any cause, while beautiful in its own way, does not achieve the same feat.

• Tamara Purchase
    Tamara Purchase āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

I'd put it in the tip jar for the local pizza or sandwich shop. Those workers don't get paid enough to deal with my family when we're hangry.

• Darrin Eisenbarth
    Darrin Eisenbarth āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Assuming, I can't reunite the money with its owner. My wife and I often drive around town looking for women with kids, elderly, veterans, and families who are without housing or need some assistance. I would gift it to them.

• Deric
    Deric āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

I would opt out of the scenario if possible.

"Had" could mean that there is a compulsion to act, and therefore a consequence for not acting; it could also relate to "do good" in which case there would be a consequence for not doing good. "Do good" is not defined so it is possible that my "good" violates some other "good," i.e., if I donated the money to a food bank and they used it to buy beef stew, I would have supported the beef industry, thereby increasing CO2 production, thereby contributing to climate change. I may trigger an unknown consequence by donating the money to a food bank.

• Amy Slovacek
    Amy Slovacek āœ­āœ­
    Options

I would donate it to the fund "Please Make Combo Charts in Smartsheet a Thing". (teehee)šŸ˜‚

• smartshaay
    smartshaay āœ­āœ­
    Options

This is a fun question! I'd love to create a social media campaign that encourages people to pay it forward.

Call it #TheGivingGame!

I'd post a photo of myself holding the $20 bill to social media with a call to action for others to do the same with a dollar bill, using a similar message. For every person who shares their photo and pays it forward, I would match their donation up to a certain amount. If possible, I would partner with a local charity or non-profit and donate the funds raised to them. Together, we'd be able to turn a small act of kindness into endless potential to help people in need šŸ˜Š

• TomG
    TomG āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

I would donate it to a local non-profit called the Samaritan Inn. This organization specializes in helping women escaping from abusive homes, especially those who arrive with nothing. They help with housing, jobs, clothing, and anything else these women need to get back on their feet. One of my favorite charities.

• Sareed34
    Sareed34 āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

We have a shelter that is always in need of supplies especially for those that don't have access to a lot of government program funds. That would be my first stop.

• D.W.
    D.W. āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    edited 03/23/23
    Options

I Would grow it to $100. Look for deals where I can get a $25 gift card to a store for $20. Then I would sell the $25 gift card for $24....keep it up until I get to $100.

Once I have $100, I would give $40 to Colleen to do her work, Andree Stara is amazing - he would get $40 to do his spend too.

Then I would buy two $10 Starbucks cards for Colleen and Andree to thank them for all they do.

• Laura Hutchison
    Laura Hutchison āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

I'd go to McDonald's, order a soda and then give the $20 as a tip. Since the pandemic, I love doing this. It's a hard job and they were still there serving people when I was working from home, so I like to show my appreciation. It really brightens their day!

• Liz J.
    Liz J. āœ­āœ­
    Options

If I found $20 and needed to do good with it, I would donate it to my daughters classroom teacher to buy fun art supplies, or have a party to celebrate a recent accomplishment.

Liz Jameson, BS, RDMS, PMP

Infrastructure Project Manager

IS-Program Management Office

Dartmouth Health

• Ant
    Ant āœ­āœ­
    Options

I would give it to someone who really needs it. A homeless person, a friend in need.

• PWNA Sam Harwart
    PWNA Sam Harwart āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Donate some water to a local charity.

• Randall Alberts CBRE
    Randall Alberts CBRE āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Working with our local food bank, we are always in the need of Pasta. I would try and buy as much as possible to help pass out to those in need.

This discussion has been closed.