Report : Printing Option Help

Options
Hannah Tamari
edited 03/08/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Smartsheet’s,

I need your help with trying to print out a report with the group name showing.  I want to be able to print out the entire report with the drop down sheet name. How do I do that?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Hannah Tamari

Currently grouping is not applied when printing reports as you've found; please add your vote and voice to this Idea Post to let the Product team know you would also like to see this implemented!

In the meantime, if you display the grouped report on a dashboard and then print the Dashboard it will show the groupings.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

is there any update on this? We all have been asking for this ability for coming up on 3 years.

especially the ability to at least show group report in Dynamic view. We are paying extra for the dynamic view feature and can’t even display group report..

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @Jon Barto

Adding your grouped report to the Dashboard is still the current way to print report headings. Any updates to this will be posted on the related Product Idea thread.

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

I have tried that however the grouped report I have on the dashboard is approx 280 lines. and only approx 120 lines will appear on the dashboard. Even though there is alot of "blank space" I created on the dashboard below this report. I made with widget way bigger than the amount of report showing.

So what is the solution for this?

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Also how do you print a dashboard from a work app? Or from one of our field guys using an ipad to a printer? I don't see an option for that. You can print a report from an ipad.. (not from work app from what I can see) But going into smartsheet app and clicking the actual report.

But again Smartsheet had ZERO ability to print a grouped report.

What is the process or fix to be able to do this?

Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Jon Barto

If you need to be able to print the report with headers showing, I would personally create multiple reports as if they're different "pages" so that the content is broken down into smaller chunks. That way you can display a few reports on your Dashboard and print all the content at once.

In regards to printing from the mobile app, there currently isn't a way to print a Dashboard directly from a Workapp via mobile. You could take a screen capture of what's on the iPad and then print that image instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Genevieve P.

Unfortunately the reports we generate and look at there is no way to break them down in smaller chunks. Since we are constantly adding and finishing jobs, and we are a custom builder.

Any other ideas? I do know this is something everyone has been asking for since 2021 at least.