Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Creating a report on granted permissions in a single Workspace

Options

It would be very useful to be able to see in a report of some shape all the access permissions given on workspace and sheet level.

With many workspaces that contain multiple folders & sheets the ability to pull out a report showing which coworker has access to what files would provide more security and would allow easy verification when someone moves to a different role or a different project in the portfolio.

3 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Agata Wozniak

If you're a System Admin, have you tried downloading the Sheet Access Report? (See: Create a sheet access report)

If your request is different than this report, it would be helpful to hear more details regarding your use-case and what you would prefer to see in the Report.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Agata Wozniak
    Agata Wozniak ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Thank you for this. I am not sure this is what I am looking for.

I checked with the system admin (not myself). The way I would like it to be is from a different angle.

Not from a persons perspective but from a workspace.

We have too many people to run reports on each one while making sure they have access to all & only what is needed.

In my scenario I would choose a workspace. The report would give me all the names of people who are assigned to the all the files in this workspace. That way I could see that to sheet XYZ - Jane & Matt have access, while to file ABC there are 20 people with access.

Does this explain a little better?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Agata Wozniak

Thank you! Yes, I've adjusted the name of the Idea so others can understand the request and vote on it. 🙂

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now