Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Remove Chart Horizontal Axis text

As a future feature, please include the ability to remove Chart Horizontal Axis text from the Dasboard, similar to the option included for the Chart Legend. Please see screenshot.

2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @SandraM

You should be able to remove these values by toggling off "use first column as series labels":

Let me know if this is what you're looking for!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• SandraM
    SandraM ✭✭

Thanks Genevieve, but this did not fix the problem. I need the chart legend to appear, not the unwanted horizontal axis text. Please see attached screenshot.

Current workaround is to use white colour text to block out the unwanted text.

• Hi @SandraM

Thanks for clarifying! I believe my Metric Sheet was configured differently than yours, which is why there are different results. You are correct, if you have one column with text as your labels and one column with values, the column name will appear as the X-Axis:

In order to get rid of that, you can use "Switch Rows & Columns" but it will also clear out the colouring you have specified for each value:

If I'm now understanding you correctly, you'd like a fourth toggle at the top where it says "exclude x-axis label" so you can keep the view and colouring of the first chart. I appreciate the time you took to explain, thank you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi, could I suggest changing the axis label font color to the background color of your dashboard? It's an easy workaround! Hope this helps.