include full question in the update request and custom email

OshaK
OshaK ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

we have a form we ask to sign and check the checkboxes before video recording

our guest speakers. Each check box is a separate column because i generate a document for them to sign upon completion. The headings of the columns are limited to 50 characters.

How can i make the full questions display in the Update Request form? i found something about helper sheet but can't find anything concrete.

Also, how can i Make the email triggered by Update request display a more formal greeting, so instead of Hello Celina, it would say 'Hello, Dr.Last Name" (I have a column Last Name in the sheet).

thank you,

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @OshaK

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add so-called helper columns between each question with the full question and convert it to a column formula, so it's automatically shown on each row.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• OshaK
    OshaK ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå thank you, I'm not sure I know how to do it, sorry.

I need the full text to appear in the Update notifications form and it looks like the form contains the column headings only (unlike the full submission form, there is no option to change the text in the Update Notifications forms). Can you please give me an example? thank you.