Forms updating original sheet sporadically when Save As New... Project

Created a "main project" with, Forms, Reports, Dashboards, Workflows etc... when used for another project and complete a Save As New... say, Project#2 and when I use the forms etc..., the data is being updated in the "main project', not Project#2. This is happening when I use it for many projects.

When I Save as New, I make sure the "Automated Workflow & Alert Options" and "Data & Formatting Options" are set as below.

Not sure why this is happening and is madning to say the least. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing incorrectly?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The new form will have a new URL, so you need to ensure you are using the new form. If you have the form on a dashboard through a Web Content widget, you will need to update this widget with the new form URL as well.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The new form will have a new URL, so you need to ensure you are using the new form. If you have the form on a dashboard through a Web Content widget, you will need to update this widget with the new form URL as well.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Glen O
    Glen O ✭✭✭

Hi Paul,

That makes a lot of sense. So, it would not be advantagous to create "links" in the "main project" to the forms. Create the links for each new project.

Thank you, Paul

Glen