Reduce max rows to 10 or less but avoid gaps

Hi,

My primary data-intake sheet, fed from a form, has a max of fifty rows at the moment though I'm not sure how that happened. The new forms go to the bottom leaving 10s of empty rows between it and the existing data rows. A very large gap.

How can I reduce the MAX 'open rows' to 10 or less? Better yet, can I eliminate all 'empty rows' so that when a form is sent and data entered, it appends to the row beneath the last 'full row' and there are no 'empties' in the sheet?

thanks!

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @voxdw

Form submissions need to go into completely new rows. This means that if you had rows where you "cleared out" the data (for example by highlighting it and then deleting cell contents" this row is still seen by the form as being used, since it has cell history associated with it. The new form submission will then skip those rows and go to the top "new" row.

To get rid of this gap, highlight all of the "empty" rows that it's skipping and delete the row from the sheet! This should then allow your next form submission to be immediately underneath your last row with content.

See: Troubleshooting issues with forms

Cheers,

Genevieve

• voxdw
    voxdw ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I will give that a shot this morning, thanks for the response.

dw

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @voxdw

Form submissions need to go into completely new rows. This means that if you had rows where you "cleared out" the data (for example by highlighting it and then deleting cell contents" this row is still seen by the form as being used, since it has cell history associated with it. The new form submission will then skip those rows and go to the top "new" row.

To get rid of this gap, highlight all of the "empty" rows that it's skipping and delete the row from the sheet! This should then allow your next form submission to be immediately underneath your last row with content.

See: Troubleshooting issues with forms

Cheers,

Genevieve

• voxdw
    voxdw ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I will give that a shot this morning, thanks for the response.

dw