Trying to consolidate specific rows from multiple sheets into one

Hi,

I currently have 11 project plans and I would like to consolidate specific rows (e.g., rows related to a specific system) within those plans to a master plan, where I would add additional columns to edit. I looked into reports and linking cells, but these don't seem to do what I need. The consolidated report should be able to bring in new rows from the project plans that are are related to the specific system. Example image below. Please let me know any options

Answers

• Devin Lee
    Devin Lee ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll want to use reports. Unfortunately you'll need to also add in the additional columns into each of your sheets and then hide them if you only want them to show up in the report. The other thing that reports are lacking is the ability to add new rows which you can solve by creating a blank project sheet and including those in your report. Then creating an automation in the blank project sheet to copy the information to the sheet the info is intended to go to followed by clearing the values so they can be used again. Hope this helps.