About Document Builder

Hello everyone,

I have few questions about the said feature:

1. Is Document Builder a default feature or an add-on for Smartsheet? Which subscription is Document Builder a default feature?
  2. We have a form and each form has a unique number similar to an official receipt number - unique to per transaction. Is the Document Builder capable of sending a unique form to collate the signature to signify that they have received the form (1st step)? Then, eventually, they can fill in other values on the fields to complete the whole process (2nd step).

I hope anyone can enlighten me on the above.

Thank you and best regards,

Bar

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Chiu Bar

The document builder is a default feature in Smartsheet. It's available for every row if you just click on the 3 dots of the row, you'll see the "Generate Documents" as a default option. It allows you to fill out PDF forms and can be used to get electronic signatures/submissions. Try this out and let me know if this works for you.

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chiu Bar

I hope you're well and safe!

1. Document Builder is included on the Business plan and higher.
    2. I'd recommend collecting everything in the Smartsheet sheet and then as a final step using the DocuSign integration (included in Enterprise and higher).

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.